RPBA is a Portuguese tax law boutique firm, paying attention to every detail and willing to unravel the most intricate tax challenges.
RPBA believes that needs in this field are better served by a small pool of young, dynamic and talented individuals than by a vast number of average consultants.
RPBA emphasizes tailor-made and partner supervised services to carefully selected Clients, who enjoy personalized attention, undivided dedication and full availability.
RPBA is focused on niche practice areas, where it believes that it is able to excel, being that we incorporate studying, pro bono, publishing, teaching and associative and public activities in our professional lives.
RPBA has highly skilled Portuguese tax lawyers who develop Tax Consulting, Tax Opinions, Tax Legislation Design, Tax Planning and Tax Litigation, either on International or Domestic Tax Law, with a focus on income and estate taxes.
RPBA has specific expertise in personal residence planning in Portugal (namely through the Portuguese non-habitual tax resident regime) and abroad, Family Office setting-up and management and corporate and business restructuring.
RPBA team receives constant tax training and knowledge updates and publishes regularly an array of fiscal content, from computer presentations to articles in academic reviews.
RPBA offers a personalised service: for each Client there is an identified contact, relationship manager and delivery responsible person, providing a focal coordinating point.
For more information on our services and to meet our team please download the RPBA brochure.
Ricardo da Palma Borges has been ranked as a top lawyer in Best Lawyers 02-12-2016
Ricardo da Palma Borges has been ranked as a top lawyer in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers directory for Portugal in the "Tax Law" category. RPBA’s Managing Partner was also recognized by his peers as Tax Law "Lawyer of the Year".
The ranking can be found here.
New article from Ricardo da Palma Borges for the Portuguese real estate blog "Out of the box" on short-term and traditional rentals (Part I) 29-11-2016
In the first part of this article (in Portuguese), Ricardo da Palma Borges compares the personal income taxation of short-term and traditional rentals, highlighting their main differences.
To read this post click here.
RPBA has been ranked under Tier 3 in the World Tax 2017 09-11-2016
RPBA has been ranked under Tier 3 in the World Tax 2017. RPBA was ranked under Tier 3 in 2016, 2015 and 2014 and Tier 4 in the World Tax 2011, 2012 and 2013 directories.
The ranking may be found here.
“Entrada de Ativos e Permuta de Partes Sociais no Regime da Neutralidade Fiscal - Uma análise comparativa” [Transfer of assets and exchange of shares under the tax neutrality regime – a comparative analysis] (Maria Júlia Ildefonso Mendonça), 2016, Livraria Almedina, Coimbra. (Language: Portuguese)
"Portugal: Tax planning for incoming individual sportspersons" (Ricardo da Palma Borges / Pedro Ribeiro de Sousa) in Global Sports Law and Taxation Reports, Volume 7, No. 1, March 2016, pp. 24-30.
"A Residência no Direito Internacional Fiscal" [Residence in International Tax Law] (Gustavo Lopes Courinha), 2015, Livraria Almedina, Coimbra. (Language: Portuguese)
- Responsabilidade Extracontratual da Administração Tributária - 02.06.2016 (Language: Portuguese)
- Novo Imposto Sucessório? / New Inheritance Tax? - 21.01.2016 (Language: Portuguese)
- The Portuguese Golden Visa regime - Updated 20.10.2015
Latest Presentations View all ►
- The Portuguese Non-Habitual Tax Resident Regime - Updated 27.11.2016
- Portugal – Non Habitual Resident and Madeira Free Zone Regimes – Opportunities for Dutch Clients - 22.11.2016
- Real Estate Tax Planning in Portugal - the offshore company holding Portuguese real estate case-study - Updated 21.09.2016
- Standard Legal and Tax Step Plan on Becoming a Portuguese Non-Habitual Tax Resident - 16.08.2016
- International Tax Transparency (Controlled Foreign Entities) - 05.05.2016
- A Transparência Fiscal Internacional (Controlled Foreign Entities) - 05.05.2016 (Language: Portuguese)