RPBA is a Portuguese tax law boutique firm, paying attention to every detail and willing to unravel the most intricate tax challenges.
RPBA believes that needs in this field are better served by a small pool of young, dynamic and talented individuals than by a vast number of average consultants.
RPBA emphasizes tailor-made and partner supervised services to carefully selected Clients, who enjoy personalized attention, undivided dedication and full availability.
RPBA is focused on niche practice areas, where it believes that it is able to excel, being that we incorporate studying, pro bono, publishing, teaching and associative and public activities in our professional lives.
RPBA has highly skilled Portuguese tax lawyers who develop Tax Consulting, Tax Opinions, Tax Legislation Design, Tax Planning and Tax Litigation, either on International or Domestic Tax Law, with a focus on income and estate taxes.
RPBA has specific expertise in personal residence planning in Portugal (namely through the Portuguese non-habitual tax resident regime) and abroad, Family Office setting-up and management and corporate and business restructuring.
RPBA team receives constant tax training and knowledge updates and publishes regularly an array of fiscal content, from computer presentations to articles in academic reviews.
RPBA offers a personalised service: for each Client there is an identified contact, relationship manager and delivery responsible person, providing a focal coordinating point.
For more information on our services and to meet our team please download the RPBA brochure.
RPBA presents its new corporate image 09-03-2013
RPBA - Ricardo da Palma Borges & Associados has updated its corporate image and will use a new institutional logo.
This new logo retains the same font and color codes as the previous one, ensuring a link with the history of the firm, with almost a decade of existence.
Nevertheless, it also reflects RPBA’s status as a specialized tax boutique serving an increasingly global clientele and establishing synergistic relationships with its clients, suppliers, employees, other lawyers, auditors, certified accountants and with the community at large.
In this context, our Tax Identification Number and Firm name have also changed:
- New Tax Identification Number: 514 206 640
- New Denomination: Ricardo da Palma Borges & Associados - Sociedade de Advogados, S.P., R.L.
Ricardo da Palma Borges provides statements to Portuguese online newspaper Observador on the solutions for the countries that disagree with the Non Habitual Tax Resident Regime 24-02-2017
In statements to Observador regarding Sweden's complaint to Portugal about exempting Swedish pensioners from Portuguese Personal Income Tax, Ricardo da Palma Borges clarified the solutions available for countries that disagree with the Non Habitual Tax Resident Regime.
To read the statement click here. (Language: Portuguese)
Ricardo da Palma Borges and Marta Carmo participated in the book "International Taxation: New Challenges" 20-02-2017
Ricardo da Palma Borges, Managing Partner and Specialist Lawyer in Tax Law, and Marta Carmo, Associate Lawyer, both from RPBA, published a chapter on "The EU Directive against tax avoidance and its possible impact on the Portuguese Controlled Foreign Companies regime" in the collective work "International Taxation: New Challenges", organized by the University of Minho – School of Law.
To read the book in its entirety, please click here.
“Entrada de Ativos e Permuta de Partes Sociais no Regime da Neutralidade Fiscal - Uma análise comparativa” [Transfer of assets and exchange of shares under the tax neutrality regime – a comparative analysis] (Maria Júlia Ildefonso Mendonça), 2016, Livraria Almedina, Coimbra. (Language: Portuguese)
"Portugal: Tax planning for incoming individual sportspersons" (Ricardo da Palma Borges / Pedro Ribeiro de Sousa) in Global Sports Law and Taxation Reports, Volume 7, No. 1, March 2016, pp. 24-30.
"A Residência no Direito Internacional Fiscal" [Residence in International Tax Law] (Gustavo Lopes Courinha), 2015, Livraria Almedina, Coimbra. (Language: Portuguese)
Latest Presentations View all ►
- Regimes de comunicação de transferências transfronteiras e de contas no exterior e medidas de derrogação do sigilo bancário - Updated 13.03.2017 (Language: Portuguese)
- Responsabilidade Extracontratual da Administração Tributária - 02.06.2016 (Language: Portuguese)
- Novo Imposto Sucessório? / New Inheritance Tax? - 21.01.2016 (Language: Portuguese)
- Real Estate Tax Planning in Portugal - the offshore company holding Portuguese real estate case-study - Updated 10.03.2017
- The Portuguese Non-Habitual Tax Resident Regime - Updated 07.03.2017
- Frequently Asked Questions & Reasons to Move to Portugal - Updated 21.12.2016
- Standard Legal and Tax Step Plan on Becoming a Portuguese Non-Habitual Tax Resident - 16.08.2016
- International Tax Transparency (Controlled Foreign Entities) - 05.05.2016
- A Transparência Fiscal Internacional (Controlled Foreign Entities) - 05.05.2016 (Language: Portuguese)